Working at Mind the Beauty, one has to be able to fulfill several roles on the job. One task most of us really love is the creative part: Working on cutting-edge formulations, brainstorming about the look and feel of packaging, finding new product innovations and adjusting them to our clients’ visions.
We find inspiration at beauty fairs, when traveling to meet clients, at fashion shows and just generally by being aware and observing life as it happens.
A few weeks ago Co-Founders Shirin and Giulia met clients in Oslo and apart from having had a great meeting they came back to Zurich full of ideas.
One of them was born after a dinner in Oslo where they spotted a group of women perfectly styled and ready to spent a fantastic night out.
A sophisticated and elegant look
One woman particularly stood out as she had a hair style that exuded elegance and sophistication. It was polished and shiny look that reflected the light off the hair and is known as glass hair. This chic hairstyle has become a favorite among celebrities and influencers alike. The trend has been around for a few years already but we have seen it a lot lately again.
People often associate the glass hair look with a certain type of symmetrical haircut – usually a bob (as seen on Dua Lipa and Bella Hadid). But what really captured Shirin’s and Giulia’s imagination was the matter of how to achieve the intense glass-like shine.
Having just finished and launched an all organic hair care line for a German client they were in the ideal headspace to dive into the topic and started doing some research. After consulting with some hair stylists they were simply overwhelmed by the amount of products stylists use to get the look done.
Some of them applied 4 different products alone for prepping the hair of their models. And while a special look can justify an extra product or two, having to buy 7-9 to get it done at home is simply not practical.
One product is all you need – and we have got it
So the challenge was on. Can the glass hair look be achieved by using just one product?
The Mind the Beauty team didn’t find what they were looking for on the market so they decided to get involved.
Together with the team at their partnering lab they started the process of creating a high-quality, glossy, and moisturizing hair serum that can work wonders.
This amazing product not only imparts a brilliant shine to one’s tresses but also deeply moisturizes them, leaving sleek, glass-like hair. It really was meant to be a styling product but turned out as both: a styling and treatment serum.
A small amount of the serum applied evenly through dry, styling the hair is all that has to be done. It will transform the look from ordinary to effortlessly sophisticated in an instant.
Achieving the look with just one exceptional product is indeed possible but to get there wasn’t as easy as it may sound. It took the combination of some special ingredients.
The ingredients that do the magic
Our serum contains a combination of ingredients that work together to promote shine, smoothness, and overall hair health. Here are a few of the key ingredients:
– Argan Oil: Known for its nourishing properties, argan oil is rich in essential fatty acids and antioxidants. It deeply moisturizes the hair, adds shine, and helps to tame flyaways and split ends.
– Camellia Oil: Extracted from camellia seeds, this lightweight and non-greasy oil is renowned for its high oleic acid content, which makes it excellent for moisturizing and smoothing the hair without weighing it down.
– Jojoba Oil: Jojoba oil closely resembles the natural oils produced by the scalp, making it easily absorbed by the hair. It helps to moisturize and condition the hair, promoting softness and shine.
– Keratin: As a key protein in hair structure, keratin is often used to repair damaged hair, improve elasticity, and enhance the overall smoothness and shine of the hair.
– Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5): Panthenol is a humectant that attracts and retains moisture, helping to hydrate and soften the hair, leaving it with a shiny appearance.
– Hydrolyzed Silk Protein: Derived from actual silk, this ingredient helps to improve the hair’s moisture retention, adds shine, and creates a smooth surface on the hair shaft.
– Vitamin E: An antioxidant that helps protect the hair from environmental damage, vitamin E can also promote shine and maintain hair health.
The potential of the glass hair trend
„The key to keeping glass hair radiant is a consistent haircare routine. For this particular look it is really important to keep the hair hydrated and healthy.
A nourishing hair mask or deep conditioner once a week is a MUST. So there is definitely potential to create a little glass hair range of bespoke products. But again, we think it’s important that it feels approachable and not overwhelming to the consumer.
Also I can totally see how the serum becomes a favorite for men who wear their hair slicked back. Many opportunities here!“ Shirin concluded.
This is resonating with you and your vision? Get in touch to start the conversation about your own private beauty label!